Sunday, September 17, 2023
YES The SEXIEST SONG EVER
Friday, August 25, 2023
Thursday, August 24, 2023
Monday, July 17, 2023
Thursday, March 2, 2023
JOE BIDEN"S FAVORITE PASTA
RIGATONI w FENNEL SAUSAGE
1 & 1/2 pound Sweet Italian Fennel Sausage
1 small Onion, peeled and chopped
3 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
1 - 28 oz. Can San Marzano Tomatoes
10 tablespoons Heavy Cream
1/4 teaspoon each Salt & Black Pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pound imported Italian Rigatoni
2 tablespoons Butter
1. Place tomatoes in a bowl and break into very small pieces with your fingers.
2. Remove meat from Sausage casings.
3. Add Olive Oil and onions to a large skillet. Season with half the salt and pepper. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
4. Crumble the sausage into small pieces and add to the skillet. Cook on medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon as you cook.
5. Add Garlic to pan and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
6. Add the crushed tomatoes and remaining Salt and pepper to the pan and turn heat up to high. Cook on high heat for 2 minutes, then lower the flame to medium for 10 minutes.
7. Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and 2 tablespoons of salt, and turn the heat to high.
8. Lower Tomatoes to a flame and continue cooking on low heat for 12 minutes.
9. Add the Rigatoni to boiling water and cook according to directions on package.
10. After the tomatoes have simmered for about 25 minutes, add the Heavy Cream to the pan and cook on medium to high heat for 4-5 minutes to reduce the cream. Be sure to stir with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan as you stir to keep the sauce from burning.
11. Once the Rigatoni is finished cooking, drain in a colander, being sure to reserve a half cup of the pasta cooking water.
12. Put the drained pasta back into the pot it cooked in and add the sauce to the pot and mix. Add the drained pasta, 1/4 cup of pasta water to the pot cook on a low flame for 2 minutes.
13. Turn the heat off and add the Butter and half the grated Parmesan to pot and stir.
14. Plate into 4 to 6 plates and serve. Serve with remaining grated cheese on the side, and Enjoy!
Brought to you by Chef Daniel Bellino and NEW YORK ITALIAN on Instagram
RECIPES FROM MY SICILIAN NONNA